Editorial Council of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry  

home
subscriptions
about the journal
sponsor info origin editor's office
editorial council
current issue
sitemap

 
   

Origin of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry


The leadership of three organizations, the Academy of Prosthodontics (formerly the Academy of Denture Prosthetics, the American Prosthodontic Society (formerly the American Denture Society), and the Pacific Coast Society for Prosthodontics (formerly the Pacific Coast Society for Prosthodontists) recognized in 1950 the need for the interchange of ideas among individuals interested in restorative and prosthetic dentistry.

This interchange needed to extend beyond the attendance by individuals at annual meetings of the organizations in order to reach a greater number of dentists who for one reason or another were unable to be present for the spoken word. What emerged was The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry that during the past fifty plus years has advanced the basic and applied science of restorative and prosthetic dentistry and the skillful management of the clinical and technical art of patient therapy.

Based on a critical review process and guided by the foremost authorities in all disciplines of prosthetic and restorative dentistry, The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry has and will continue to communicate the standards for education, research, and the prosthetic and restorative care of patients. The operation of the Journal rests with the Editorial Council.
   
 

Home |  Subscriptions |  About the Journal |  Editorial Council |  Current Issue |  Sitemap

2010 Copyright Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, All rights reserved.